I’m always on the search for more great music to use for my meditations, and I’ve recently started looking into Alpha music. If you haven’t heard of Alpha music before, I want to share with you some of its benefits and how alpha wave music can enhance your meditation experience.
Knowing what I know about the third eye and crown chakras and how the universal energy feeds them, I am extremely interested in ways to increase the ability of the third eye to open which will enhance my connect to my intuition. These chakras feed the pineal and pituitary glands, found deep within the brain, with the life giving energy from the universe.
Photo: Anya Woolgrove Photography
To do this, we should look at how the brain functions. The brain has four states of brain wave frequencies, which are:
- Beta - This is the state most of us walk around in during the day, when we are at our normal pace accomplishing daily tasks.
- Alpha – In Alpha state you are awake but relaxed. This is the place we want to be when we are meditating, especially in the beginning, when meditation is a new experience for you. In this brain wave frequency you are able to learn faster and are more receptive to information gathering. This is the state I want to be in when I am meditating or at a course, learning something new. I also found out that this state above everything else is of great importance for me, as it will increase my intuition, yay! With an increased intuition, as some of you may or may not be aware, you make better judgment calls, you are more open to noticing the opportunities coming your way and are able to avoid danger more consciously.
- Theta – I may go over this one in another post, as it is really an important state, for the type of work that I do. In this state we experience REM sleep, this is known as rapid eye movement state. Here is where we can get in touch with our emotions. It’s the brain wave frequency that we are interested in. So when we sleep and hit the REM state this is a deep sleep where good rest is achieved. Some people don’t achieve this state of sleep very often. The frequency that this state offers can connect you more clearly to your emotions and therefore can help to release blockages within the energy field. These blockages if left unattended can lead to dis-ease in the body at the physical level.
- Delta – In this state we experience unconsciousness. Deep sleep and hypnosis brings on this brain wave frequency.
So here we have an opportunity to increase the times that your brain achieves these brain wave frequencies. Just 20 minutes of meditation is equivelant to 4 hours of sleep. Alpha Wave music can make it easier to hit these brain frequency faster.
The list below shows some examples of great times to incorporate Alpha Wave Music into your daily life to enhance the ability of your brain to stay focused and calm.
- Meditating with these Alpha sound waves incorporated into the experience has a profound effect on releasing stress in the body. You can play this music during your meditation, the recommended amount of time is the time you have as it is better than non at all.
- Play the Alpha Wave music while your kids are doing their homework. This will increase their ability to retain what they are studying.
- If you run courses like I do, then playing the music softly in the background is all you need to do to increase your audience’s ability to stay focused.
- Starting your day with Alpha Wave music while setting your intentions for the day will help you focus on your desired outcome.
Getting access to Alpha Wave music is easy, I listen to it via Pandora and YouTube, you can download the Pandora app and search Alpha Wave music really easily. Pandora is free if you don’t mind a few adds, or you can pay a small monthly membership for the add free experience. On YouTube there are so many to choose from. I have been listening to Mind Body Zone Study music, I play it while I'm working on the computer. Since coming across Alpha Wave music I just love it and have it playing every chance I get. I especially love playing it during my meditation group sessions.
If you would like to learn more about meditation, I am holding some Beginners Meditation Classes. I will have online versions soon and currently have two weekly classes in Buderim QLD.
In these classes you will learn the basics of meditation, the benefits and how to incorporate meditation into your busy life. This really will start at the beginning, so for anyone who has questions or wants to understand why meditation is becoming more popular and mainstream, this course is for you.
My aim in all that I do is to empower you with the knowledge you need to establish a wonderful connection to your intuition. When we are connected properly to our own intuition we make better decisions for our own lives. If you are interested in knowing more about my Beginners Meditation Course, just pop your details in the form below and I will send the info over to you a.s.a.p.